Reports to: AMEK Council on a quarterly basis
Terms of reference: The Committee on Education and Professional Development is responsible for issues pertaining to education at all phases of the Healthcare Technology career life cycle and professionalism, including inter-professional care and relationships with other providers. The committee works with other committees of the association, affiliates, associates and other internal and external bodies to strengthen networking, collaboration and partnership among all stakeholders, facilitates exchange programmes and ensure that proposed policy options are consistent with the findings of the committee and with the strategic direction of the association.
The Committee shall:
1. design and conduct training needs analyses and identify the core training needs for the members.
2. develop an annual workplan, proposals and budgetary projections based on direction provided by the Council in relation to the strategic plan
3. develop a comprehensive learner profile of the members and establish systems and a tool-kit for CPD Administration
4. endeavor to regulate Training Institutions offering courses in Healthcare Technology
5. inform the AMEK Council on emerging or existing issues on matters pertaining to the mandate of the committee
6. do resource mobilization for capacity building, conference and training
7. only undertake those projects and utilize such budget as have been approved by the AMEK Council
8. maintain the confidentiality of documents and, where appropriate, committee deliberations
9. serve as Scientific Committee for Conferences
Membership: The five (5) members of the committee are equal and share responsibility for the work of the committee. The committee comprises:
- The members are appointed by the AMEK Council on the basis of interest, experience and expertise.
- Chair: AMEK Council shall appoint
|1||Nelson Kariuki||MESD Afya house||Chairman|
|2||Annarose Gitau||Spinal Injury National Hospital||Member|
|3||Fredrick Kamau||National Quality Laboratories||Member|
Term: 3 years but subject to review from time to time
Quorum: 3 voting members
Secretariat: AMEK Headquarters
Meetings: At least twice per year, and teleconferences as required
Distribution of minutes: Members of the committee, the AMEK Council and the Regional Representatives whenever appropriate.